Roma (1 Day's Stay)
Roma is known as the cradle of Australia's Oil and Gas industry as it was here that, while actually drilling for water, a pocket of oil and natural gas was found. To celebrate this there is the Big Rig Oil & Gas Museum to visit which showcases the history of Australian oil and Gas industry with stories, memorabilia and multi media exhibits.
The Meadowbank Museum offers visitors other information about the Roma through a range of memorabilia, horse drawn vehicles and motorcars and which also has on its grounds bird aviaries, animal enclosures and a picnic and play area.
Roma is also host to the oldest vineyard in Queensland, the Romaville Winery (1863) where you can enjoy tastings and go to the adjacent cottage gallery which sells souvenirs and crafts. Also in Roma is Heroes Avenue, lined with 100 Bottle Trees (one for each local soldier whose life was lost during WWI).used.
These are some of the great destinations to see while exploring Roma. Be sure to add them to your list of places to visit.
- The Big Rig Oil & Gas Museum- History of Australian oil and Gas industry
- Romaville Winery (1863, Oldest in Qld, tastings etc)
- Cottage gallery - souvenirs and crafts
- Heroes Avenue - 100 Bottle Trees, one for each local soldier lost during WW1
- Meadowbank Museum (memorabilia, horse